Monday, February 19, 2007

A JCB crisis of identity

Since last June I've been running sound for the Justin Cofield Band at the Vista Community Church. Last weekend I was able to go with them to a youth camp hear Highland Lake, just south of Austin. Wow! These mild mannered guys from Sunday mornings came out and ROCKED! The whole way home I just kept wondering what the differance was and why it was such a different vibe on Sundays.

Perhaps it's the fact that they're leading worship for a bunch of crazy youth, perhaps it's just way too early on Sunday mornings, or that we're meeting in an elementary school gym, whatever the reason it was almost like having a different band.

I'm looking forward to the day when the Vista is ready for the JCB to truely bring the rock.

3 comments:

scottawade said...

Couldn't agree more! Here's to the day we can crank up that low end and bring the house down with 100% rock!!!

Buck Wayne said...

I've felt the same way after seeing them jam other "venues", like the CD release party in pflugerville.
I think maybe they take it easier on Sunday morning to keep the focus less on them ? Not that I would have any problem worshipping to some harder jamming, just maybe they don't want sunday service to be a JCB concert.

Chris Marlow said...

um, dude...I had no clue you had a blog.

Marlow
www.simplymissional.com